Skilled Guidance In Spousal Support/Maintenance Issues
Spousal support refers to financial support of the dependant spouse — permanently or temporarily during the divorce proceedings.
If you are unsure as to whether or not you qualify for spousal support contact Gumm & Green, LLP, at 818-707-4233 OR 855-707-4233. Request a free consultation with one of our Thousand Oaks spousal support attorneys and find out what you are obligated to pay or receive under California law.
Experienced Alimony Assistance
- The initial spousal support order is a request made by filing a motion in the court to obtain temporary support. This support is meant to address financial matters throughout the course of the divorce case or separation. It is aimed at helping the receiving spouse maintain the status quo financially.
- The second part of spousal support has to do with permanent support at the end of the case. This amount is determined by the Family Code Section 4320 that outlines several factors. These include:
- The length of the marriage
- The age and health of both parties
- The ability of the supported spouse to find employment without it interfering with the raising of children
- Tax consequences
- Any criminal history on the part of either party
- Anything the court deems an important factor
The attorneys of Gumm & Green, LLP, will help you gather the necessary information to make sure the final support amount is accurate. This includes making sure that all assets and debts that should be included in the calculation are considered.
We will also explore the possibility of lifetime spousal support depending on the duration of your marriage.
Obtaining Successful Results
Our 45 years of combined experience as aggressive Los Angeles alimony attorneys have helped our clients to obtain successful results. Contact Gumm & Green, LLP, today and schedule a free consultation. Call 818-707-4233 OR 855-707-4233.